Job Posting Number: UNIFOR 2020-06
The WCDSB maintains a pool of Supply Custodians who are called to replace permanent custodians who are absent from work. A Supply Custodian will work approximately 10 to 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Supply Custodians are not assigned to one specific location and may have to travel to more than one location on a shift. Our geographic region is within Waterloo Region. A supply custodian position could lead to a permanent custodian position with the Board.
General Housekeeping Duties
- Dusting and sanitizing surfaces
- Wet and dry mopping
- Polishing and scrubbing floors, operating auto scrubbers and buffers
- Stripping and re-finishing floor surfaces
- Garbage and recycle collection and removal (inside and outside)
- Snow removal, salting and sanding as required for safety
- Operation of equipment such as snow blowers, floor buffers, auto scrubbers, and vacuum cleaners.
- Maintain cleanliness of the building and grounds in all respects.
- Perform related duties as required for the daily operations of the site.
- Assist with arranging physical set up for site rentals, in-school dances and activities
- Maintenance of Logs and Files.
- Follow assigned cleaning schedules to maintain expected standards of cleanliness.
- Follow Board practices, procedures in relation to attendance, health and safety.
- Co-operates with colleagues, staff and students to assist in creating positive working relationships.
- High school (grade 12) diploma or GED preferred but not required.
- Previous commercial/industrial cleaning experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred
- Able to communicate effectively
- Good attendance record.
- Must be physically capable to meet the physical demands of the job.
- The Successful Candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
Salary: $22.02 per hour plus shift premium
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter by January 29th, 2021. Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates (if applicable) for this position to the resume .
Applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants and email@example.com for internal applicants. Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.