Under direction of the Human Resource Services Officer accountable for Continuing Education staffing, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Provide administrative support through preparation of letters, memos, and other correspondence in relation to hiring, leaves (including statutory and unpaid), resignations, retirements, employment verifications, teaching experience for SSC staff, seniority lists and the OSSTF transfer process.
- Enter information in the HRIS system (iSYS).
- Maintain the Master Staff List.
- Assist in the preparation of hiring, orientation and training packages, the collection of information for reports.
- Preparation of job postings and processing of applications, and the collection of employee information.
- Receive HRS mail and faxes, answer telephone calls, inquiries, and emails regarding HRS processes, Collective Agreements, benefits, job postings, application processes.
- Perform other general office duties as assigned by the HRS Officer – Con Ed.
- Ensure that confidentiality of information (documents, emails, conversations, notes, records etc.) is always maintained.
- 2 Year College Program (Human Resources Management Certificate or Executive Administrative Assistant Diploma or equivalent education) or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years previous experience in a professional office environment
- Knowledge and experience in HR processes and policies
- Excellent Computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Salary Range: Level 1, $52,407-60,480 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Full time: 35 hours per week / 40 weeks year (last 2 weeks of November and the month of December are set layoff weeks with the remaining 6 weeks selected during the year.
Location: St Louis Adult Learning Centre, Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach diplomas/certificates required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org while the internal applicants must apply via email@example.com Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until November 9, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours.
The successful candidate will be required to produce a satisfactory Criminal Background Check. For further information refer to policy APS 038 on the website of the Waterloo Catholic District School Board.