Job Posting Number: PASS 2019-16
Reporting to the Manager of Planning, the incumbent will be immersed in the data side of the Planning Department and provide the foundational material needed for decision making.
- Maintain the department’s Geographic Information System (GIS) and all related applications to create maps and analyze data.
- Ensure mapping and datasets are current and accurate.
- Provide support to planners during accommodation reviews and boundary reviews. This may include assisting with creating boundary options, preparing reports, conducting surveys, responding to questions from the public on processes/policies, taking minutes at public meetings, and creating display boards and presentations.
- Update reports, including the board’s Long-Term Accommodation Plan.
- Represent our board’s best interests when reviewing development applications through the municipal planning process.
- Manage existing leases and negotiate with third parties where leases are expiring/expired. Leases may include agreements for school space, administrative space, parking lots, and surplus buildings.
- Update a Ministry of Education web-based database to reflect changes to school board facilities as a result of renovations/alterations/leases, new schools.
- Respond to public inquiries related to school boundaries, accommodation, and direction of property taxes to the school board.
- Administer Education Development Charges (payments, refunds, certificates).
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities as required.
- 2 year diploma in a related field.
- 1 year of related experience (planning, analyzing data, GIS, negotiating agreements)
- Proficiency in a range of computer applications including GIS.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- CPT or RPP designation, Diploma in School Board Administration (OASBO), school board or other public sector experience.
Salary Level PASS Level 1, $50,394 per year in accordance with the PASS Terms of Employment
Hours of Work: Permanent full time: 35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year
Location(s): Catholic Education Centre, 35 Weber St., Kitchener
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter.
Applicants must attach all required documentation required for this position to the resume in order to be considered a candidate for the position.
For external applicants: applications will be received via email at email@example.com while the internal applicants must apply via firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your first name, last name and posting number (provided above) in the subject line. Further information on the application process can be found at:
Applications will be accepted until December 12th, 2019
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
The Waterloo Catholic District School Board is welcoming of candidates from diverse communities, backgrounds and identities and encourages applications from qualified members of these groups.
Applicants are invited to self-identify if you are First Nations, Metis, Inuit, a member of a visible minority group(s) or a person with disabilities. This information is collected under the authority of the Ontario Human Rights Code and will be used to keep track of recruitment information. No personal information will be included.
To request this file in large print, please email email@example.com. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to discuss your needs under the Human Rights Code. Responses to inquiries will be provided within 72 hours. Please use one method of application only.
This is a non-denominational equal opportunity position. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at (519) 578-3677, extension 2368 to provide your contact information.